In a commercial dispute, most business owners simply want resolution so they can go back to pursuing their core business. We will aggressively proceed to trial and expect to win, but we also will look to other options. A reasonable out-of-court settlement may be the best way to satisfy your objectives and allow you to move on in pursuit of your core business objectives.
We work with our clients to tailor litigation plans and budgets. Above all, we recognize the importance of understanding and accomplishing the client’s objectives, whether to bring the litigation to a quick end, or to defend a legitimate position.
Schneider & Onofry attorneys represent individuals, small businesses and large corporations in a wide range of business and commercial litigation matters. We frequently represent clients in matters involving:
- Business and contract disputes
- Breach of contract or warranty
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Business torts
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Unfair business practices
- Unfair competition
- Trade secrets
- Motor carrier and transportation issues
- Commercial collections
- Workers’ compensation
Recent technological advances have spawned two aspects of business controversy in which Schneider & Onofry provides welcome assistance: trade secrets
and business defamation.
We counsel clients on effective measures to (a) protect trade secrets and confidential information from outside parties and (b) preserve relationships and goodwill with customers, suppliers and employees. We assist clients in implementing best behaviors, practices and policies, including, but not limited to:
- identifying and capturing trade secrets and confidential information
- creating and implementing policies and practical steps to protect trade secrets and confidential information, both physically and electronically
- designing and implementing effective policies and agreements regarding non-competition; invention assignment; non-solicitation of customers, vendors and employees; and company confidentiality
- identifying and investigating breaches or violations by current or separated employees
- addressing concerns surrounding the hiring of employees who are subject to restrictive covenants or may possess trade secrets.
We also defend employees and independent contractors against claims that they have misappropriated or improperly disclosed confidential or proprietary business information or have breached an employment policy or contract relating to an employer’s protectable business interests.
In the Internet and social media age, people can instantly communicate their opinions to a worldwide audience. Unfortunately, false or exaggerated statements by employees and competitors can devastate both personal and corporate reputations. Slanderous and libelous statements can cause a wide variety of damages, including business loss, wrongful termination, reduced job opportunities, unfair employment practices and damage to professional reputation.
Schneider & Onofry litigation attorneys have extensive experience representing both sides in defamation disputes. We offer a detailed investigative approach to expose or mitigate malicious statements in both print and online media. When needed, we consult with forensic accountants and other experts to account for business losses.